embalakai Authentic Camp
Frequently Asked Questions
However, the country wouldn’t like to put its citizens in danger, neither its visitors. We are committed to resuming our tourism while staying healthy and safe. On that premise, we need to cover you with the most important things you need to know about safety measures during the safari, the information which is resulted from the common questions our customers have been asking frequently.
Qn 1. Why should I travel during this time?
• Game viewing is at its best.
• Wildebeests’ migration is at its prime
• Less crowding hence less risk & perfect situation for photographing
• Best offers – the rates are at their lowest. From international flights, travel packages to accommodation rates, this is the golden choice to visit Tanzania.
• Corona has spread all over the world at the moment, getting on with life while protecting yourself is the key rather than just staying at home.
• As the signs show, Corona is likely to live with us for a few more months. That forces us to cope with it and make sure life goes on with safety plans in place.
Qn 2. Will I be required to do 14-day quarantine after entering Tanzania prior to my journey?
• Visitors must have COVID-19 negative certificates prior to arrival, those that do not will be subjected to testing on arrival.
• If a visitor is found to be positive arrangements will be made at the advice of the Rapid Response Team
• All visitors shall be subjected to screening by public health officials to detect high body temperature and other COVID – 19 symptoms
Qn 3. How safe is the camp?
Hand washing and sanitizing stations (foot operated) are in place for staff and guest, staff and guides.
Hand sanitizer is ready available throughout the camp
All arrivals at the lodge and every staff member will have their temperature taken daily an infrared gun (non-touch)
Assistance will be provided for any guests or staff member with symptoms to proceed to an appropriate medical facilities.
Face masks and social distancing are mandatory for staff members.
Enhanced cleaning/sanitizing protocols are in place in the rooms and common areas.
A single staff member will be responsible for each room during a guest visit
Extra systems are in place in food preparation and service
Tables will be placed at appropriate distances and seating of guests limited to avoid crowded spaces.
Initially food will be saved plated or English style, when buffet service is necessary special system are in place including distancing and staff service with enhanced PPE
Guides will be accommodated in single rooms wherever possible
All vehicles arriving with guests will be spray sanitized inside and out after guests disembark.
Luggage will be spray sanitized before taken to rooms.
Qn 4. Is there any rescue plan by Embalakai Authentic Camps?
Qn 6. What are the safety measures at Tanzanian Airports?
• Screening for temperature is done at every entry & exit points.
• Check-in distancing should be observed
• All protective measures like; distancing, sanitization, a number of people in the lounge area should be exercised for both visitors and staff.
Qn 5. What is the best decision, canceling or postponing my trip?
Qn 6. What are the current COVID – 19 situations in Tanzania?
Qn 7. What is the monitoring plan?
• Guests and Staff are encouraged to contact the Rapid Response Team on any occasion should they feel that a person, facility, or entity is not adhering to the safety measures.
• Each tourism entity should have the protocol in case of an emergency. This should explain if anyone becomes ill for example, – where does he go if high fever, or if tested positive, etc.
Qn 8. Isn’t this too early by Tanzania Government?
In the same fashion, several organizations have started putting in place the action plans for safe traveling, a situation which is eagerly anticipated by millions of travelers who need refreshment after this huge wave of COVID-19.
Thierry Breton, the EU’s internal market commissioner said “We all need a break, especially after this confinement, we want to enjoy summer holidays, we would like to see our families and friends even if they live in another region, in another country” In summation, Chances are, the COVID – 19 is going to carry on for some time.
The best thing we can do is finding the means to cope in the way that we won’t jeopardize our lives and those of our beloved ones. We appreciate the trust our customers have given us since day one. We’re in no way going to trade that trust with anything. That is why we will usually make sure that we have each and every stipulated safety measure in place for our visitors prior to June. All the best and let’s get through this together.